Subject: Re: a light swell
From: John Gross <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 14:09:06 -0700 (PDT)

> I've always found the best open ocean water is made using fractal bumps 
> rather than the ripple texture. Giving fractal bumps a velocity in the y 
> direction will result in nice swell movement. I've also used crust quite 
> effectively for open water surface. Try fractal bumps as a displacement 
> map and crust as a bump map with a smaller texture size, and move both in 
> the y direction.

Yep. That's the way to do it. If you look carefully, you'll find that you 
can never actually get ripples to move well in the Y direction. There is 
no axis based amplitude (yet)

JG
--
John Gross <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]